End-to-End Automated Hardware/Software Co-Design using Embedded Development Tool for SoC Design
For efficient hardware/software co-design, Space Codesign® Systems has developed SpaceStudio™, a technology to create virtual platforms, the only embedded systems development tool that allows system architects to perform hardware/software partitioning with an innovative drag & drop mechanism, moving components from hardware to software and vice versa. As a result, there is no more need to recode VHDL, change memory mapping or be restricted to predefined hardware. SpaceStudio is an end-to-end automated ESL (Electronic System Level) technology with libraries targeted for the aerospace and multimedia industries.
With increased pressure for faster time-to-market solutions in the embedded systems applications market, SpaceStudio's sophisticated development tool addresses the need for rapid software application development. The revolutionary SpaceStudio™ software takes end-to-end hw/sw co-design automatically from high level functional specification to the architectural and RTL (Registered Transfer Level) coding phase.
Accelerate Embedded Systems Design Development using SpaceStudio Hardware Software Co-Design where:
- Software development can start immediately before the hardware becomes available
- Early validation prevents unnecessary design iterations
- Modifications are immediately reflected and do not require recoding
- Higher abstraction leads to greater reuse of existing validated code
Lower Development Costs with Eased System-On-Chip (SoC) Design Implementation:
- Less development time is required since the SpaceStudio™ solution automates many design tasks
- Create optimized hardware through validation of software running on hardware simulation
Create Better Embedded Systems Code with HW/SW partitioning:
- Handle greater product complexity with the same resources
- Automated system simulation, verification and validation processes enable faster review of a larger number of test cases and thus yield a more efficient design
Integrates Smoothly With Other EDA Tools in Your Embedded System Design Flow
- SpaceStudio is capable of addressing complex embedded systems design, including with multicore processors
- SpaceStudio comes with libraries targeted for the aerospace and multimedia industries
All in all, end-to-end automation of complex embedded systems design, including with multicore processors, reduces the time required to perform System-On-Chip (SoC) design in FPGA or ASIC. This translates to lower development cycle times and costs and better code for complex embedded systems.
Contact us for further information about how SpaceStudio hardware software co-design can be integrated within your design flow.